The London Tecumsehs are proud to be bringing back the Intro to Rookie Program.
The Introduction to Rookie program is a great way for all of us to come together and learn the skills necessary to begin playing competitive baseball and prepare for tryouts.
There is NO CHARGE for this program.
Goal: To begin/continue skill development of rookie age players interested in trying out for the competitive baseball program in January 2020.
What will my athlete learn?
- Competitive warm up and stretching routines
- Proper throwing mechanics including gripping the ball, progressing through the throwing motion, release points and proper finish to a throw.
- How to correctly prepare for and field a ground ball
- How to prepare to hit off of the pitching machine, (this will include the chance to do so during these sessions)
- Proper batting stance, hand positioning, swing motion and finish.
- How to prepare for a pop fly/fly ball and the proper method to catching the fly ball.
- Rookie rules, such as calling time in the infield after a play, not entering the pitching circle, 7 run limits and much more.
- Base running techniques including running out a ground ball, rounding the bases and picking up and listening to base coaches.
- Outfield plays, including, where to throw the ball after the play, backing up a play and much more.
- Most importantly we will learn how to have FUN at the game of baseball even in a competitive environment!
- Pants (does not need to be baseball pants but long pants are ideal and no shorts)
- Hat (Any hat is fine, ball players wear hats, and it is required at games and practices so let’s get used to it now)
- Positive attitude and ready to have fun!
Not Required but ideal if you have your own:
- Helmet (we do have some team helmets but your own is always best)
- Baseball bat (Not a t-ball bat, we also have team bats available)
- Cleats (Not required until the season but nice to get used to)
This is a 4 week program and will take place:
Thursday September 12th, 2019 6pm-7:30pm at CNRA Park (Please arrive 15 min early if possible to register)
Thursday September 19th, 2019 6pm-7:30pm at CNRA Park
Thursday September 26th, 2019 6pm-7:30pm at CNRA Park
Thursday October 3rd, 2019 6pm-7:30pm at CNRA Park
All of these dates and times are of course subject to weather. We will do our best to make sure all sessions are completed. The sessions are run by London Tecumsehs coaches and volunteers.
The entire London Tecumsehs board, coaches and group of volunteers look forward to working with your young athlete and wish them all a great and safe first week of school! See you in two weeks!
Please let me know if you have any questions